Monday, November 19, 2018

Week 18: A Week of Service

This week was a fun one. We did a lot of service! One of the biggest was our time at the food bank! We went to the food bank and I loaded boxes of food onto shopping carts while my companion sorted fruits and took out the rotten ones. It was a lot of fun! There was a lot of people that came there that seemed really happy with the food they were getting which was awesome.

We also helped a guy move out of his old house and into another. He had a giant mattress that was quite the adventure to take down the stairs. It had a mind of its own and did not want to budge.

Then, we also helped a lady do her yard work and raked her leaves. She was very thankful for all of it and really happy we could help.

We also had a few really good lessons this week as well! It is awesome to see people grasp onto what we have to say and how the gospel just "makes so much more sense."

In my studies this week I also came across a great scripture. It says "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." I really like it because sometimes in our times of success we forget where our success comes from. We need to remember God in everything we do, for everything we have is from Him, giving thanks is the least we can do. As we remember God in our daily lives we will be uplifted, more grateful and in tune with the Spirit. So we should try and have gratitude for all that we have.

Pictures!
1) our little Christmas Tree!
2) an elephant chair used to ride elephants?
3) a lizard thingy we found doing service!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Released